JUN JUN DE GUZMAN:
- Prepare all ingredients needed before actual mixing or baking is undertaken.
- Grease and line containers bottom and sides that will be used for easy
release of cake or bread.
- Due to our humid weather, it is best to keep flour in the refrigerator.
Also, buy only the necessary ingredient' it's wise not to buy in excess.
- Always keep eggs in the ref, remove when needed to have eggs at room temperature.
- When baking with citrus fruits, grate skin and rub into sugar so that
fruit oils and flavor are transferred to the sugar and you'll have a more
intense, fruity taste in your baked item.
- Blend dry ingredients together before sifting for a more even distribution.
Sift ingredients onto a brown paper for easy transfer to a mixer bowl.
- To make whipping of heavy cream faster, place bowl of heavy cream on top
of an ice bath.
- Small amounts of ingredients may be added to bigger amounts so as not
to forget those with small quantities, e.g. vanilla to egg; baking powder
and salt to flour.
- When using liqueur in baking, it is always pre-measured then cover with
cling wrap to prevent the alcohol from evaporating or dissipating.
- Prior to baking, read the recipes well, know the ingredients and procedures
well, concentrate then start preparing; wash your hands well.