For best results, use recipes developed for using honey.
2. When you substitute honey for granulated sugar in recipes:
* Substitute honey for up to one-half of the sugar. With
experimentation, honey can be substituted for all
the sugar in some recipes.Reduce the amount of
liquid in the recipe by 1/4 cup for each cup of
honey used in baked goods.
* Add about 1/2 teaspoon baking soda for each cup of honey
used in baked goods.
oven temperatures by 25 degrees to prevent over browning of baked goods.
For easy removal, spray measuring cup with vegetable cooking spray before adding
4. Honey adds a sweet, smooth and distinctive taste to recipes. Honey also
absorbs and retains
These qualities retard drying out and staling of baked goods.
5. A 12 ounce jar of honey equals a standard measuring cup.
6. Because of its high fructose content, honey has a higher sweetening power